Now that I've been working from home for the past week, my hours are all wonky. I find myself working in spurts, and using those other hours to read blogs.
The blogs I'm reading are alternately sad and yet inspring; and totally suck me in!!! I cannot stop reading them.
So, I've decided to start my own. I want to share things about myself, about raising two toddlers (with another baby on the way - countdown!!!), and also incite discussion with friends and strangely enough...with strangers :)
I'm 31, with a penchant for acting 12. I'm also a constant contradiction:
- I love working, yet I relish vacation/holiday time away from work.
- I love my boys, but sometimes I wish they came with a mute button.
- I am in love with my husband's sexy, brilliant mind yet I sometimes, okay often, want to poke him in the eye (repeatedly) for being so anal.
I am extremely jealous of my friends who have close relationships with their mothers. Jealous. I won't say too much. It is not a pretty story and I'm sure that the woman who gave birth to me would find a way to sue me if she found me trash-talking her. Instead, I'll just say that I'm totally jealous of those women who can call their mom and say, "Hey, the baby is coming, can you come and watch my kids?" Or, "Mom, daycare called and the baby is sick. Can you stay with him until I get home from work?"
Okay, to end on a happy note. Below are some recent fun things with my baby boys!
- Baby R loves the movie, Iron Man. He told me this weekend, "Mommy, you need to buy me an Iron Man suit. I want to fly up in the air like Tony Stark."When I told him that only Tony Stark could fly in the air like that, he looked at me like I was the stupidest person and said, "That's why I'm going to pretend to be Tony Stark." All that he forgot was the "duh" tacked on at the end.
- Baby D loves to read. He is always bringing me books to read to him. So, so sweet. This baby definitely inherited my love of reading.
- Baby D also seems to like to bite. No kidding. When he is angry, he will screech and then lead down to put his open mouth against your arm or your leg. He doesn't chomp down, but I don't know what is stopping him. It makes me so afraid that I'm going to get a phone call from daycare soon.
- Baby R loves to wear a clip-on tie. Daycare picture day is his favorite, because we generally dress up the boys in suits and/or sweater vests with ties. He loves them. He will wear them clipped to his T-shirts and to his jammies. He also begs me to let him wear his dress shoes. Today he went to school in a green, button down short-sleeved shirt that said "Aloha" on the back, a pair of black camo shorts, white socks, and his black dress shoes. No joke!
- My sweet-tart is building the boys a bunk bed. I am so excited!!! They are not tall bunk beds, but we saw something similar at Ikea in Schaumburg a few months ago and immediately starting thinking about them for the boys. I think we are going to make it a Jeep-themed bunk bed, with canvas, tires, and a canopy top.
- I titled this blog, "I made the bed...is that enough?" because that is generally all I can do throughout the week in terms of cleaning. My house is generally a disaster. But, my sweet-tart and I are generally always able to get our bed made. Nice, huh? :)
Okay, I'll stop now. More to come later. I have a feeling I'll be on here alot with posts over the next couple of weeks until Baby #3 makes his appearance. Our scheduled c-section date is April 27th.